Being simple and easy to prepare, the recipe gives you freedom to test your creativity by mixing up some of your favorite ingredients to give it a custom twist. Easy week-night chicken enjoys tremendous popularity in households across the world.
The special chicken meal encircles the perfect blend of garlic and dried herbs. Lemon zest and lemon juice
add tangy flavor to this 6-ingredient recipe.
You can also add other fresh vegetables that can complement with the chicken. Also you can have it along with a toasted green salad. Enjoy the comfort and simplicity of making this meal along with its flavorful taste!
- Zest from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh or dried herbs and chopped garlic (optional)
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 3.5 pounds
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees. Put the lemon zest and lemon juice in a small bowl. whisk in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add herbs and garlic if you want.
- 2Place chicken in a small glass container or a plastic bag and add marinade, thoroughly coating all the chicken pieces. Marinate for 2 hours or more.
- 3Heat a cast iron or oven-proof nonstick skillet over a medium high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and transfer to hot skillet. Sear on each side and transfer to the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Slice and serve.