Fresh ceviche is my go-to recipe when I have really fresh fish. It takes about 15 minutes to make and is always appreciated. Scoop it up with tortilla chips for a mighty fine appetizer.
- 1 pound very fresh fish such as sea bass, halibut or mahi mahi, chopped in ¼ - ½
- 1 red pepper, chopped in ¼- 1/2
- 1 tomato, chopped in ¼ - ½
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- ½ to 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic, finely minced (optional)
- 1 - 2 jalapenos, seeded, and finely minced
- ½ to ¾ cup citrus juice (lime, lemon and orange juice or a mixture)
- Salt and pepper
- Tortilla chips
- 1Combine fish, red pepper, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, garlic and jalapenos. Toss with citrus juice and season with salt and pepper.
- 2Let marinate 10 to 20 minutes and serve with tortilla chips.