Delicious, protein-rich, fruit-filled breakfasts to go. It doesn't get better than this!
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 13.5 ounce can of coconut milk (not lite)
- 2.5 ounces water ( to bring liquid volume up to 16 ounces)
- pinch salt
- ½ c toasted unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 mangos, peeled and chopped into chunks
- ¼ pound of granola
- 4.5 cups raw honey yogurt or plain greek yogurt
- 1Toast the quinoa in a pan on medium high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring almost constantly. You will hear the quinoa popping and see it turn golden. Take care not to burn the quinoa. If you do, toss it out and start again, there is no fixing burnt quinoa.
- 2Add coconut milk, water and ¼ cup toasted coconut to pan and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- 3While quinoa is cooking cut your mango into cubes.
- 4Build your jars in the following layers: yogurt, quinoa, a sprinkle of toasted coconut, mango, yogurt and granola. Once all ingredients are in the jars, compress lightly with a spoon to minimize airspace in between ingredients. You should have some airspace in the top of the jar. This is good. It allows you to stir your ingredients up before you eat it.
- 5Place lids on your jars and try not to eat all of them the first day. They will keep for about 5 days.