Theses cookies are spicy, buttery, chewy and crisp all at the same time. I think you will find them uncontrollably addicting.
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup molasses
- 2 whole eggs, lightly beaten
- 3½ cups flour
- 4 t cinnamon
- 2 t ground cloves
- 2 t ground ginger
- 1 t salt
- 1 t baking soda
- ½ cup multi-colored sugar crystals
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix melted butter, sugar and molasses together in a large bowl. Add egg and mix to combine.
- 2Sift flour and spices together in a separate bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until blended. Chill dough 1 hour or more.
- 3Roll into 1½" balls. Dip half of the dough balls into the crystalized sugar, and place the dough balls sugar-side-up on a baking sheet, allowing plenty of room for the cookies to spread. Bake 10-12 minutes, removing cookies when they are still soft. Cool on cookie sheets. If not serving immediately, store cooled cookies in an airtight container.