Imagine the aroma of sweet potato being glazed in a mixture made of Angostura bitters , Orange juice and Marmalade. It’s a blast of orange with a sting of the bitter and the goodness of sweet potato. Rich in Vitamin C and Fiber. The Orange and Bitters Glazed Sweet Potato is a 1.5 hour preparation which serves 6. It might take a bit of effort but I assure you it is worth every bit of it. I relish this whenever I desire a small and easy meal for my dinner. It is indeed a ‘bitter’ sweet muchy delight.
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1 T Angostura bitters
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, unpeeled and sliced into 1
- 2 heads garlic, unpeeled and sliced in half across the length of the cloves
- 1 jalapeno chili, sliced and seeded
- 6 fresh sage leaves
- 8 sprigs of fresh thyme and more for garnish
- 3 ounces goat or feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1Heat oven to 425 degrees. Cover two baking sheets with parchment paper. Put orange juice and marmalade in a saucepan and cook on medium heat until the marmalade melts and thickens, about 25 minutes. Season with bitters, salt and pepper.
- 2Scatter the sweet potatoes on the parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Gently pour the orange, marmalade and bitters mixture over the potatoes and toss so that they are well-coated. Add the garlic halves to the pan and brush the cut sides with the sauce. Scatter the sage and thyme over the potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 40 minutes to an hour, turning occasionally, until outsides are caramelized and insides are tender. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- 3Serve on a platter and garnish with goat cheese if desired. Can be served warm or at room temperature.