“Oh Fudge!” Exclaimed my 8 year old guest. Are we having that for desserts? The twinkle in his eyes made me realize that 40 minutes of my time lead to this priceless moment of joy for my 8 year old neighbour. The Paleo Salted Chocolate Hazelnut Fudge is a quick to make tasty treat. It is one of my favorite after dinner sweets. I have used some honey, coconut milk, brewed coffee and vanilla beans to make it a complete gooey experience. The richness of the fudge almost melts in your mouth and you keep asking for more and more. It’s a favorite for all age groups.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1½ T chopped cacao butter
- ½ cup raw honey
- 1 T brewed coffee or espresso
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 T vanilla bean paste
- 1 t Maldon sea salt, divided
- 12 ounces good quality unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted hazelnuts, skins removed and chopped
- 1Put the coconut milk in a saucepan and heat for about 5 minutes over medium heat. Add the next 4 ingredients and, stir and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in ½ t Maldon flakey sea salt.
- 2Put the chocolate in a stainless steel bowl and whisk in the hot coconut mixture until the chocolate is smooth and uniform in texture.
- 3Spread the chocolate mixture in a 9" round glass or porcelain tart pan or an 8" square pan with straight sides. Sprinkle with toasted, chopped hazelnuts and remaining ½ t flakey sea salt. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving. When ready to serve use a thin sharp knife to slice the tart into 1½" pieces. Use a small spatula or offset knife to gently lift the pieces from the pan.
- 4Store any leftover pieces in the fridge.