Pumpkin pie made with a shot of espresso, freshly grated ginger and cream takes this Thanksgiving tradition to new heights and makes a great breakfast the day after.
- 2 Pillsbury pie refrigerated crusts
- 2½ cups canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix!)
- 1¼ cups dark brown sugar
- 1 t kosher salt
- ½ t freshly grated ginger
- 2 t cinnamon
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 t vanilla
- 2-ounce shot of espresso, cooled
- 1⅞ cup heavy cream
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees. Unfold each pie crust into a glass or dull metal 8" or 9" pie pan. Press crust into pan without stretching and crimp edges.
- 2Combine the next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Add eggs, vanilla, cooled espresso and cream and mixed until combined.
- 3Pour mixture into unbaked pie crusts and bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Pie is done when a knife comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the pie. Remove and cool on a wire rack.