Rice Krispie treats reincarnated as Samoas Girl Scout cookies.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into 1 T pieces
- 10 ounces miniature marshmallows
- ¼ t Maldon sea salt
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup toasted sweetened coconut, divided
- 1 cup caramel squares
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1Butter an 8" square baking pan. In a large light-colored, heavy-bottomed pan melt the butter over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. About 30 seconds after the butter melts it will begin to foam. Keep stirring. Now the butter will start to take on color. When the butter is a bit lighter than you want it, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the marshmallows, stirring until they are melted and smooth. Sprinkle in salt and stir to incorporate.
- 2Stir in Rice Krispies and ½ cup of toasted coconut flakes. Spread the mixture in the bottom of buttered baking pan and use your hands to press the mixture down and create a flat surface. Set aside.
- 3In the microwave, melt the caramel squares by heating in 30-second intervals and stirring after each 30-second period until the caramel is melted and smooth. Quickly spread over the pan of Rice Krispies.
- 4In the microwave, melt the chocolate chips by heating in 30 second intervals and stirring after each 30-second period until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Quickly spread or drizzle over the layer of caramel. Sprinkle with remaining half cup of coconut. Cool and cut into squares.