Mango and goat chesse roll ups are a different variety of the fig and goat cheese roll ups presented by me earlier. Whenever I prepare my party appetizer plate I never keep only one variety of appetizer. I like to provide more options to keep my guests on the tang. So along with the fig and goat cheese roll ups we can also mix these mango and goat cheese roll ups. They have the added flavor from the king of all fruits the Mighty Mango and the mushy goat cheese which compliments the might of the mango perfectly.
- Lime zest from 1 lime
- 2 T fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil (I used Stonehouse lime infused olive oil)
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 10 slices Serrano ham, not too thinly sliced
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 large mango, peeled and thinly sliced into 1
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- A handful of fresh mint leaves
- 1Combine the lime zest and juice in a small bowl and whisk in the olive oil to create an emulsion. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- 2Lay the Serrano ham out in rows on the counter and spread each slice with a thin smear of goat cheese. Arrange the mango slices down on each piece of goat cheese-covered ham, covering evenly, but stopping 2 - 3 inches short of one end of the Serrano strip. Alternate mint and basil leaves on top of the mango and down the length of each ham slice, also stopping a couple inches short of one end of the ham slice. Drizzle each slice with a little of the lime and olive oil mixture.
- 3Starting at the end of the ham slice with all of the goodies, roll up the slices to create a roll. The tail end, without the mango and greens will make it easier to finish the roll and help keep the roll together. Slice each roll in half, crosswise, placing the cut side down on a serving platter.
- 4Mango rolls can be eaten immediately or chilled for several hours in the fridge.