Salads are perfect substitutes to wholesome meals. They are high on nutriment content and are healthy enough to make you live longer. Hence I bring for you a healthy and delectable salad. Which is easy to prepare and is juicy enough to keep you wanting for more. The Tomato and grilled bread salad with Burrata is salad rich in vitamin A,C and K. It is also a good source of Potassium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorous, and copper. The crunchy grilled garlic bread perfectly complements the squishy tomatoes making it a decent blend in every bite. A bowl of salad made with the following quantity of ingredients serves 8.
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped into 3 or 4 pieces
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 generous handfuls of basil leaves
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup of olive oil, divided
- 1 12-ounce loaf of sourdough bread, cut into ½
- 3 pounds mixed tomatoes: heirlooms and cherry tomatoes in assorted colors
- ½ pound burrata cheese
- 1In a food processor finely mince the shallot and 1 clove of garlic. Add basil, lemon zest, lemon juice and whirl until finely minced. Slowly add ⅔ cup of olive oil through the feeder tube until an emulsion is created. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2Heat a cast iron skillet or grill pan to high. Brush bread slices with remaining olive oil and generously season both sides of the bread slices with salt and pepper. Grill the bread on both sides until brown and crunchy. Remove bread from pan and immediately rub both sides of each bread slice with a garlic clove. Cut or tear the grilled bread into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- 3While bread is grilling cut tomatoes into slices and distribute over a large flat platter or bowl. Slice the burrata into wedges and distribute amongst the tomatoes. Arrange the grilled bread around the edge of the platter and drizzle the basil sauce over the tomatoes and bread. Serve with extra basil sauce.